From Kenn's Drawing Table: Southern Yellow-billed Hornbill

Kenn Writes: 

Work in progress: Southern Yellow-billed Hornbill
In Kruger last month, I took several opportunities to study and sketch this bird because I was intrigued by its facial expression. Its odd bill shape and garish pink and yellow touches are certainly distinctive, but "beautiful" isn't the first word that comes to mind. "Interesting," though, that definitely fits. (Actually, "in progress" is the wrong term also; this painting has reached the point where I'll ditch it and start over, because some details of structure are wrong and some of the colors are irretrievably muddy. Still adjusting to these new oil paints. But I thought I'd share it anyway.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Way for ABA?

The Big Year: and hopefully beyond