BobWHITE Memories, New and Old

Kimberly Writes: We should all seek happiness in our lives. But, oh the joy when happiness finds you. ♡♡♡ 

We were overjoyed this morning when this pair of Northern Bobwhites walked out from under the shrubbery to forage around one of our bird feeding stations. 


We'd had one male in the yard a few years ago...


 ...but this is our first pair. 


Female
Male








This is a totem bird for me. It was the first bird I ever really knew existed. Sitting on the porch swing of my Grandparent's farm house, little 5-year-old Kimmer sat beside her Grandpa Jake, who she idolized. And when he whistled that sharp, clear "BobWHITE." 
and the bird called back from the ravine on the edge of their yard...well, 
I just knew that my Grandpa was magic. ♡♡♡


 And off they go, back under the shrubbery from whence they came. 
Thanks for stopping by and making our hearts so happy, you dapper little birds. ♡♡♡

Comments

  1. Nice post! Thank you! This brought back a lot of memories for me. I'm a city chick gone country and when a bobwhite showed up, living under our porch, I was concerned ... but he was a cute little thing happily following the children around. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Kenn's Drawing Table: Great Black Hawk

Which Way for ABA?