Happy Thanksgiving from South Africa

Kimberly Writes: I am thankful each and every day for the love of family and friends, for my health, for my job and the amazing people I work with, and for the blessing of spending my life with the man of my dreams. 

Today, I am particularly thankful for the renewal of life. It touches my heart to see these fresh new faces, and it fills me with a deepened sense of commitment to conserving the natural world and its bountiful gifts.


Yes, these are baby giraffes. And, yes, I cried my
eyes out when I first laid eyes on them! 



There's nothing much sweeter
than a tiny baby elephant!


It stayed very close to mama and was always hidden
 in the tall grass, but this little baby Rhinoceros
was utterly delightful!




Even baby Warthogs are adorable!

A tiny newborn Impala.
They seem so fragile and vulnerable at this stage.

A very young, very precious Chacma Baboon with a 
little treasure that  it found along the road
Without question, one of the most adorable
 babies I've ever seen! 
Now, tell the truth, you said "awww"
when you saw this picture, didn't you!?!
I think my heart actually melted when I looked into the
sweet, sweet face of this Vervet Monkey!



Today, I am especially thankful to be sharing this South Africa adventure with Kenn -- just the two of us -- has been one of the most extraordinary things that's ever happened to me. Sitting quietly at his side as he sketches birds brings me more joy than I could have ever imagined.


Today, I watched him sketch the Goliath Heron, the largest heron in the world, and my heart could barely contain all the love I was feeling.

Wishing you all a wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Way for ABA?

The Big Year: and hopefully beyond